AGP Ep 8: James Lush—The death and rebirth of an industry. Long live digital media!
James Lush is the CEO of Lush Digital Media and a local radio personality in Perth. Listen to hear about how the media industry is undergoing massive upheaval due to digital disruption and how James is looking to the future. We also discuss Jame’s commitment to his values and how that shapes his role as a leader and everything his team does.
What did you think?
Spread the love!
If you enjoyed the episode, you can help us by doing one or more of the following...
Subscribe via email
Give us feedback
Thank you for your honesty. How can we improve?
- Jame’s links
- Tony Robbins
- Ted Talks
- Please subscribe, comment, share and review the episodes, it will make a big difference to our ability to continue with these. Thank you!
- Music by David Cutter
- Servant leadership, not selfish leadership.
- James’ Big WHY. Helping connect organisations to their bigger why and communicate their story.
- The importance of authenticity for leaders.
- The importance of values and ethics and how to know when they’re being challenged.
- Tech enables the communication age. But don’t know how to communicate properly.
- How to become confident speaking in public.
- The importance of rising above when dealing with difficult people.
- How the media industry landscape changing dramatically (as are all industries)
- 3:45 “You’ll get far more out of people when you look after everyone together rather than doing it at the expense of everyone else”—James Lush
- 7:32 “We’d rather lose a client than work in a client’s relationship which isn’t positive and healthy” — James Lush
- 8:14 “Put things out into the universe and the universe will come and lookout for you”—James Lush
- 10:21 “The challenge of leadership is to be strong but not rude, be kind but not weak, be bold but not a bully, but humble but not timid, be proud but not arrogant, have humor but without folly”
— Jim Rohn’s quote
- 15:20 “As a journalist, someone who would dig a little bit deeper, I’ll always be open to ‘yes but there is another side here’.” — James Lush
- 22:00 “When a new client comes in I say to them ‘You’re gonna pay the bills, but everything we make is gonna be for your audience not for you’.” — James Lush
- 30:3 “People always perform better when they are relaxed and comfortable” — James Lush
- 39:25 “I see my role very much as the collaborator, where together we all benefit rather individually we all go in different directions” — James Lush
- 39:38 “The future for me is to bring teams of like-minded individuals and companies wanting to achieve the same successes but together rather than selfishly on their own” — James Lush
- 40:43 “There is so much psychology involved in all our business successes” — James Lush
- 41:24 “Surround yourself with positive people who also want to achieve great things” — James Lush